Work at Mercy
Located on a 26-acre campus, Mercy High School provides a rigorous Catholic, college-preparatory education to bright and promising young women from more than 60 zip codes in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Mercy knows how to prepare young women to lead and to excel in a dynamic global society. Our highly individualized approach to a college-preparatory program challenges each Mercy Girl to become a young woman of intellect, faith, and service. As an authorized International Baccalaureate World School offering the Middle Years Programme, our curriculum in grades 9 and 10 features concept-based instruction and structured inquiry as a pedagogical tool.
Sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy, Mercy High School continues a 150-year legacy of Mercy excellence in education in Baltimore. Rooted in the charism and tradition of Catherine McAuley, founder of the Sisters of Mercy, we welcome young women from diverse backgrounds who together make Mercy an extraordinary learning community.
If you are excited about providing an excellent educational experience for talented young women, and if you are passionate about the values of Catherine McAuley and the Sisters of Mercy - hospitality, compassion for others, service, justice, and equality - we welcome you to join us!
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Mercy High School!
Mercy High School is located in Baltimore and competes in the Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland. Ideal candidates are experienced and motivated coaches who love developing student-athletes. Coaching candidates must be effective communicators and must strive to create a nurturing environment for all in the program, including athletes, other coaches, managers, and families. Candidates should have excellent organizational skills and previous experience either playing or coaching.
All coaching positions are paid, part-time, seasonal positions. The Fall season runs from August 15 to early November.
- Head Coach – Freshman Soccer
- Assistant Coach- Varsity Field Hockey
- Ability to meet a flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Subject to a fingerprint criminal background check prior to employment
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Athletic Director Nick Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org
Signing Bonus for Immediate Start
Sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy, Mercy High School continues a 150-year legacy of Mercy excellence in education in Baltimore. Rooted in the charism and tradition of Catherine McAuley, founder of the Sisters of Mercy, we welcome girls from diverse backgrounds who together make Mercy an extraordinary learning community.
- Safely transports students from Mercy to sports competitions and back to Mercy when finished. Hours will vary and are usually during the school week at the end of the school day around 2-3 p.m. and returning to the school after the athletics event (could also include some weekends).
- Coordinates driving schedule with the Athletic Director
- Completes pre- and post-trip inspections of bus
- Fuels bus
- Reports suspected mechanical defects and malfunctioning equipment on assigned vehicles
- Notes and reports any damage to assigned bus
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicle
- Communicates standard emergency evacuation plan with students
- May take vehicles to service when necessary
- May be asked to provide transportation for occasional class field trips
- CDL-B license
- Clean Driving Record (every state license was held)
- Required to complete our Criminal Background Check
- Required to complete a Pre-employment drug screen
- High school diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Part-time
Rate of pay: Starting at $25/hour