New Transfer Students
Welcome, brand new Mercy Girl! Your journey at Mercy begins NOW! This webpage will contain all the information you'll need as you transition to your new school.
Our entire community is so proud of all your hard work, and it's almost time for you to rest and relax for the summer! There are a few things we want you to keep in mind:
- Device Information: All incoming students must have a device that can run Windows 10. To take advantage of the volume-purchase discount, order by April 4, 2022. More specifications can be found on the Device Information page.
- Uniform Information: From head to toe - red blazer to black shoes - learn what you'll need to wear.
- Summer Assignments: We will have a few assignments for you over the summer, and these will be shared in June.
- Orientation: Mark your calendars, orientation will be in August and will cover everything our new students will need to know about Mercy. (transfer students must attend a transfer orientation as well as their class orientation.)
- Athletics Tryouts: Information about time and schedule will be announced at a later date. For any questions please reach out to our Athletic Director, Nick Gill.
- Carpool Signup: We will send you the names and telephone numbers of those students living in the zip codes you have indicated to help coordinate carpooling.
Mercy uses a health management system called Magnus Health SMR (Student Medical Record). As this is a web-based system, you will have continuous access to your child’s health record as well as the ability to make updates when needed.
On July 6, 2022, you will have access to your Magnus Health SMR account. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to create your password. We ask that you enter the health information required within your Magnus Health SMR account for each child attending Mercy High School no later than July 23, 2022.
You will log in with your username/password to access your child(ren)’s Magnus Health account(s).
If you are having difficulty navigating the Magnus system, entering data online, or downloading the hardcopy coversheets and forms, or if you have any other questions, please contact customer support at Magnus Health SMR by phone at 877.461.6831 or by email at email@example.com.
The Mercy uniform is a white button-down shirt, plaid kilt, and a red blazer for formal occasions. Students may choose from a variety of uniform sweaters during colder weather, and may wear knee- or ankle-length socks in white or black, or opaque black tights or leggings. Shoes are an all-black buck oxford.
Yes! Summer reading and other assignments will be shared in June.
Each student will need laptop that can run windows. We recommend a Lenovo device, the Thinkpad E14. Students may also choose to bring any other Windows laptop that meets the following specifications:
Windows Device Minimum Specifications
Operating System: Windows 10
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
Memory: 8 GB or greater
Storage: 256 GB or greater, SSD is preferred
Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Webroot antivirus, and Intune management software are included in tuition/fees and will be installed on student devices at freshman orientation.
Mercy partners with eCampus, an online store for textbooks. You will receive information on which books to buy for your classes in the late spring or early summer, along with instructions on how to access eCampus.
There will be a physical mailing towards the end of June with your course schedule and information about Orientation. Please keep an eye on your mailbox! Transfer students will attend a specialized transfer orientation as well as the orientation for their class!