Class of 2027
Congratulations, Class of 2027! Welcome to Mercy!
Remember Enrolled Students Night is March 30th!
As one of our newest Mercy girls you have so much to look forward to! In order to prepare you for your upcoming freshman year, please keep an eye on this page. All important dates, downloads, and reminders (including summer work!) will be on this webpage for you. Check out the sidebar for important forms to fill out and our reoccurring Mercy Newsletter.
Mark your calendars! These are important upcoming dates for the Class of 2027.
- Summer Camps: A MAGICAL SUMMER IS OPEN TO RISING 6TH—9TH GRADE GIRLS.
Campers will be coached and instructed by Mercy faculty and coaches, area professionals, and Mercy Girl athletes and dancers. A Magical Summer at Mercy provides a wonderful opportunity for your daughter to see what it’s like to be a student-athlete or a dancer at Mercy! For more information on each offering and to register, click here!
- Magnus Health Medical Form Deadline: July 23, 2023. On July 6, 2023, you will have access to your Magnus Health SMR account. You will receive an email from email@example.com to create your password. We ask that you enter the health information required within your Magnus Health SMR account for each child attending Mercy High School.
- Placement Testing: May 20, 2023. These tests will help determine which Math class your daughter will be taking, as well as which foreign language she'll be slated for. Both tests are required so make sure you mark your calendars to be at Mercy the morning of May 20.
- Freshman Orientation: August 2023. Orientation will be in August and will cover everything our new students will need to know about Mercy. After Orientation your daughters freshman year at high school will begin. Students will be expected to come in full uniform and bring their summer work!
Our entire community is so proud of all your hard work, and it's almost time for you to rest and relax for the summer! There are a few things we want you to keep in mind:
- Device Information: All incoming students must have a device that can run Windows 10. You will have the ability to order one through Mercy's bulk laptop ordering for a discounted price! More information will be coming out about that soon. More specifications can be found on the Device Information page.
- Uniform Information: From head to toe - red blazer to black shoes - learn what you'll need to wear.
- June Mailing: There will be a physical mailing towards the end of June with your course schedule, placement test results, important calendar dates, textbook and device information, and information about Orientation and Retreat. Please keep an eye on your mailbox.
- Summer Assignments: We will have a few assignments for you over the summer! These are shared below, but be sure to wait until you have your course list so you know what work you'll need to do.
- Athletics Tryouts: Information about time and schedule will be announced at a later date. For any questions please reach out to our Athletic Director, Nick Gill.
- Bus sign up: Mercy will be running a bus from Catsonsville and Ellicott City. Contact Snorthey@mercyhighschool.com if you're interested in signing up for bus service.
Remember to wait until you get your course schedule so you know what work you need to do!
- Read The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd (Most English Classes- will be listed on your school schedule)
- Read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (Most Science Classes and STEM special programs- will be listed on your school schedule)
- Complete a Math Packet (All Math Classes- packet depends on placement)
- Conduct an oral history interview (Most History Classes)
There are a few summer assignments that are based on placement! Not every student needs to do these. Only those who have tested into certain classes.
- Spanish 2 (After receiving the Summer Mailing and your placement). You will read a short novel titled: Patricia va a California. This is linked on the side bar
- French 2 (After receiving the Summer Mailing and your placement) Read La “famille Marais” by Joseph F Conroy. This will be sent to you.