We, the community of Mercy High School Baltimore, are a private Catholic, college preparatory school for young women of diverse backgrounds from across central Maryland. Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, we provide a rigorous education marked by academic excellence and personal attention. Here, students learn to communicate ideas and express themselves confidently, both individually and in collaboration with others. Mercy creates an environment where young women form habits of lifelong inquiry, critical thinking and courageous action in a global society. In the tradition of Catherine McAuley, the founder of the Sisters of Mercy, our work reflects a commitment to hospitality, service, justice and compassion.
Learn about Mercy’s goals and philosophy.
What We Believe
- That, consistent with our Mercy tradition, every person is unique and valuable, made in the image of a loving God.
- That all of us grow and become our best selves through personal reflection, relationships and our generous response to the needs of others.
- That a strong academic program is an excellent foundation for a woman’s success.
What We Want For Our Students
We want each student
- To graduate well-prepared, both academically and personally, to challenge and shape our world.
- To live a life of meaning, balance and joy.
- To adopt a global vision, recognizing her responsibility to promote justice, peace and care for our planet.
- To deepen her understanding of her own faith and to embrace a spiritual dimension as central to her life.